Meditation on Psalm 139

I was reading Psalm 139 this morning. Probably most of us are familiar with the part that says, “Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to heaven, you’re there. If I make my bed in the depths, you are there..”


But there’s more. Verses 11 and 12 say:


If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me, 

And the light become night around me,” 

Even the darkness will not be dark to You;

The night will shine like the day,

For darkness is as light to You.


Sometimes we can’t see past our darkness. But we don’t realize that our darkness is not dark to God. He doesn’t ask us to get our lives right before we come to him, because that would be impossible. He tells us to come to him, broken and all, and he will provide the light. 


Written April 2018.

Popular posts from this blog

The Franks - History Summary

Women in the Church

Gregory the Great - History Summary